Like GMail, Yahoo Mail has also started to provide HTTPS/SSL communication feature. You should enable this option for secure email communications. This can protect you against taping and several kind of Man-In-the-Middle attacks.
To run an Android App (.apk file) on Windows based computer you can use Android emulators or standalone applications such as YouWave (from http://youwave.com/).
YouWave software for Windows, allows to download and run Android applications on Windows based computers without having to bother about downloading the Android SDK and Java SDK. YouWave contains a virtual machine and can easily be installed with few mouse clicks.
After installing the program Android-application can be imported from the local drive or downloaded then installed from Internet.
To import Apps into YouWave from Local Drive:
- Navigate to YouWave working directory: “C:\Users\username\youwave\android apps\” and copy App files (ending with .apk) .
- Select “View” from YouWave menu and “Redraw Icons”. Wait for a moment! New App icons should appear.
- Double click on any app to install it into Android and run automatically.
Many times we receive calls/SMS from unknown numbers. Fortunately, there are Apps available for smart phones which can help us in finding caller’s name. TrueCaller (from http://truecaller.com/) is one of such App. It is available for variety of mobile phone platforms such as Android, iOS, Symbian, Blackberry, Windows Phone.
To use it you will need a good speed Internet Connection with your smart phone.
TrueCaller is a global phone directory program. Users can enter a name or phone number to search for and find people all over the world. TrueCaller displays caller information, block unwanted calls, and provide more other features.
Note: TrueCaller Android installation file .apk is available for direct download. To run TrueCaller on Windows based computer you can use Android emulators or standalone applications such as YouWave. For details check our blog https://technologydwell.wordpress.com/2013/01/20/how-to-run-an-android-app-apk-file-on-a-windows-computer-how-to-run-truecaller-app-on-a-windows-computer/
The Problem: Recently, we got a BSOD on one of our Windows 7 64-bit OS. The BSOD was displaying following texts and codes:
It is not new that Symantec Anti-virus caused Blue Screen of Death . Incidents have been reported where incompatible/buggy Symantec Endpoint Protection updates caused Blue Screen of Death on Windows Operating System:
- Buggy Symantec Endpoint Protection Update Blue Screens WinXP PCs: http://securitywatch.pcmag.com/none/300302-buggy-symantec-endpoint-protection-update-blue-screens-winxp-pcs
- Symantec explains Windows XP ‘blue screen of death’ outbreak: http://www.zdnet.com/symantec-explains-windows-xp-blue-screen-of-death-outbreak-7000000943/
Solution: Try to RESTORE your Windows Operating System by restarting it in Safe Mode. If it does not work, then one of simple solutions is to uninstall the buggy/incompatible Symantec Endpoint Protection program.
- Disable Windows Installer service
a) For Windows XP: Go to Start menu and select Run. Type services.msc and press enter. For Vista or Windows 7: type Services at Search programs and files box of Start menu, and press Enter.
- Stop running executables and services belonging to Symantec Endpoint Protection
The problem should get solved!!!
Note:You can re-install Symantec Endpoint Protection.